PHYSICAL FEATURES OF PROPOSED JAGTIAL DISTRICT:
HISTORICAL PLACES: The historical Qila at Jagtial.
- The holy temple of Sri Laxminarsimha Swamy on the banks of the Godavari River at Dharmapuri Mandal head-quarters
- The holy temple of Sri Koteshwara Swamy on the banks of the Godavari River at Kotilingala village in Velgatur Mandal
- The holy temple of Sri Anjaneya Swamy located at Kondagattu of Muthyampet village in Mallial Mandal.
- JNTU Engineering College located at Nachupalli village of Kodimial Mandal.
- Area Hospital under control of VV Parishad at Jagtial.
- Agricultural Research Station located at Polasa Village of Jagtial Mandal.
- Veterinary College located at Korutla Mandal.
- SKNR Govt. Degree College at Jagtial.
- Seed Farm at Chelgal Village of Jagtial Mandal.
IRRIGATION:All the Mandals are covered by SRSP command area. As such, agriculture and allied sectors are well developed.
- Cold storages for agricultural products are located in Jagtial and Korutla Mandals.
- Beedi leaf factories are located at Korutla Mandal.
- Rice Mills located in Jagtial Mandal.
- Railway connectivity is available from Jagtial to Peddapalli via Karimnagar. Connectivity from Jagtial to Nizamabad District head quarters is under process.
- RTC Bus-depots are located at Jagtial, Korutla and Metpalli.
Jagtial Distirct is carved out of erstwhile Karimnagar District. It is surrounded by Nizamabad, Nirmal, Mancherial, Peddapalli and Karimnagar Districts.
It has two revenue divisions at Jagtial and Metpalle and consists of 18 mandals.
District headquarters is located at Jagtial town. A railway line connecting Jagtial and Peddapalli via Karimnagar is available. Jagtial to Nizamabad line is under construction. NH 63 passes through the district. It has four RTC depots located at Jagtial, Korutla, Metpalli and Dharmapuri.
River Godavari passes through the district. SRSP Project, SRSP flood canal and scores of tanks are the irrigation sources. The district is known for its paddy produce followed by turmeric, maize and sugarcane. Jagtial
The 2nd century BC Dhulikatta Budhist Sthupa of historic and archaeological significance is located in Eligaid Mandal.
The district has holy temples of Sri Mallikarjuna Swamy Temple at Odela and Sri Varahaswami temple at Kamanpur Mandal.
Some of the tourist spots in the districts are: Ramuni Gundalu, waterfalls at Sabbitham. Ramagiri Qila is a place of historic importance and is located at Begumpet.