Jagtial District was carved out of erstwhile Karimnagar district. It is surrounded by Nizamabad, Nirmal, Mancherial, Peddapalli and Karimnagar Districts, with Three revenue divisions at Jagtial and Metpalle. The district headquarters is located at Jagtial town.
The Godavari River passes through the district. SRSP Project is a major dam and tourist attraction. The Buddhist Sthupaof 2nd century BC in Dhulikatta is of historic and archaeological significance. The district is home to holy temples of Sri MallikarjunaSwamy Temple at Odela and Sri Varahaswami temple at Kamanpur Mandal. There is railway connectivity from Jagtial to Peddapalli via Karimnagar.
Some of the tourist spots in the district are RamuniGundalu waterfalls at Sabbitham and RamagiriQila, which is a place of historic importance. The holy temple of Sri LaxminarsimhaSwamy on the banks of the Godavari River at Dharmapuri Mandal headquarters is quite popular all over. Sri KoteshwaraSwamy temple on the banks of the Godavari River at Kotilingala village in Velgatur Mandal and the holy temple of Sri Anjaneya Swamy located at Kondagattu in Muthyampet village, Mallial Mandal attract thousands of devotees. Jagtial fort, located near the town is of immense historical significance, as it is the only star-shaped fort in Telangana surrounded by a moat filled with water.
- The holy temple of Sri Laxminarsimha Swamy on the banks of the Godavari River at Dharmapuri Mandal head-quarters.
- The holy temple of Sri Koteshwara Swamy on the banks of the Godavari River at Kotilingala village in Velgatur Mandal.
- The holy temple of Sri Anjaneya Swamy located at Kondagattu of Muthyampet village in Mallial Mandal.
- Railway connectivity is available from Jagtial to Peddapalli via Karimnagar. Connectivity from Jagtial to Nizamabad District head quarters is under process.
- RTC Bus-depots are located at Jagtial, Korutla and Metpalli.
- JNTU Engineering College located at Nachupalli village of Kodimial Mandal.
- Area Hospital under control of VV Parishad at Jagtial.
- Agricultural Research Station located at Polasa Village of Jagtial Mandal.
- Veterinary College located at Korutla Mandal.
- SKNR Govt. Degree College at Jagtial.
- Seed Farm at Chelgal Village of Jagtial Mandal.
- Cold storages for agricultural products are located in Jagtial and Korutla Mandals.
- Beedi leaf factories are located at Korutla Mandal.
- Rice Mills located in Jagtial Mandal.
|1||Geographical Area (Sq. Kms.)||2419 Sq Km|
|6||No. of Mandal Praja Parishads||18|